Visual Studio RTM MVVM Light Error?

Apr 12, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Type 'System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException' in assembly 'System.Windows, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e' is not marked as serializable.
   at MS.Internal.Designer.VSDesignerClient.RestoreSelection(List`1 offsetsInXamlFile)
   at MS.Internal.Designer.DesignerPane.LoadDesignerView()

<Controls:BubbleGrid x:Name="bubbleGrid">
                    <i:EventTrigger EventName="Loaded">
                        <cmd:EventToCommand Command="{Binding UniformGridLoaded}"
                                             CommandParameter="{Binding ElementName=bubbleGrid}"/>

If I remove the EventTrigger VS doesnt show the error. SO Am i doing something wrong?

Apr 12, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Spoke a little too quick. Ok so I guess here is the Steps to reproduce it. Create a Class Library Project. Do the Normal thing. Now Link that Library project to a Silverlight project. You will get an Error. The only way to not get the error is to also add the MVVM Light Dll's in both The Library and also in the App itself.

Apr 13, 2010 at 8:43 AM

What is "the normal thing" that you mention? Does the class library use the GalaSoft DLLs? If so, the reference must indeed be added to the main app as well. This is not a MVVM Light issue, this is also the case for other libraries when they are referenced locally. The problem is that, if you don't add the reference, the DLLs are not copied in the bin folder, and Silverlight does not know where to look for them when the application runs.

Hopefully this clarifies,