No sample implementation of MVVM Light available?

May 18, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Hi Laurent,

first, I have to say that I like your project very much.

The MVVM Light Toolkit is great but as long as there is no bigger sample or reference implementation available it isn't possible to get an realistic overview.

Your fellow Josh Smith has written that BubbleBurst application to demonstrate his Mvvm Foundation framework.

On codeplex I have found the Apunta notas application which implements the MVVM light toolkit, but there is a ugly break in the use of the MVVM pattern.

It would be great if anybody could migrate that sample application of Josh Smith on
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dd419663.aspx
to the MVVM Light Toolkit.

It would be easier to compare the frameworks.

Hm, maybe I should do the migration ...

Regards from Berlin
Dirk

Coordinator
May 18, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Hey Dirk,

Thanks for the message. I totally agree. I am currently finishing writing Silverlight 4 Unleashed, which has put many of my project (and personal life) on hold ;) But fear not, I am done soon and then one of my first orders of business will be to work on the MVVM Light documentation, including a large reference application that I want to make in WPF, SL and Windows Phone 7.

If you feel like getting started, I’d be happy to get some help on that!

Cheers,

Laurent

Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 11:00 PM
To: laurent@galasoft.ch
Subject: No sample implementation of MVVM Light available? [mvvmlight:213085]

Hi Laurent,

first, I have to say that I like your project very much.

The MVVM Light Toolkit is great but as long as there is no bigger sample or reference implementation available it isn't possible to get an realistic overview.

Your fellow Josh Smith has written that BubbleBurst application to demonstrate his Mvvm Foundation framework.

On codeplex I have found the Apunta notas application which implements the MVVM light toolkit, but there is a ugly break in the use of the MVVM pattern.

It would be great if anybody could migrate that sample application of Josh Smith on
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dd419663.aspx
to the MVVM Light Toolkit.

It would be easier to compare the frameworks.

Hm, maybe I should do the migration ...

Regards from Berlin
Dirk

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (mvvmlight@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email mvvmlight@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com