INotifyPropertyChanging

Apr 14, 2011 at 6:14 AM

Hi

In some projects I need an Implementation of INotifyPropertyChanging on the ViewModel. Currently I subclass from viewmodelbase to "myOwnViewModelBase" there I implement INotifyPropertyChanging.

What about having INotifyPropertyChanging implemented in the MVVVM Light ViewModelBase ? Or perhaps getting some other MVVM Light Class which specializes the Viewmodelbase ?

Coordinator
May 10, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Hi,

So sorry for the delay in replying. INotifyPropertyChanging is on the backlog already for V4.

Cheers,

Laurent

Nov 29, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Hi Laurent,

I am just getting started with WP7 development, MVVM, etc.   Your toolkit (v4 preview) looks very promising.  I too would like to see a standard implementation of INotifyPropertyChanging for the same reason the previous poster mentioned.  It seems to fit well on your ObservableObject class.  I created my own ObservableObject class and derived from yours, but the need to raise the NotifyPropertyChanging and NotifyPropertyChanged events immediately before and after the property set meant that I had to re-implement all of the meaningful methods within my subclass.  Are you still planning to add this in v4?  If so, do you have an ETA?

Thanks, Tom.

Coordinator
Nov 29, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Hi,

Yes it is still planned. I am fighting with a memory leak in the Messenger in the moment, so it is hard to set a date on a release, but rest assured I am working very actively on MVVM Light at the moment.

Cheers,

Laurent