Oops - did the src get omitted?

May 2, 2011 at 4:31 AM

Hi, I just downloaded your latest build (as of 2011/5/1, mvvmlight_8ea49c2f278d) and unzipped it, yielding the 16-or-so folders. The folder that is of interest to me, as a WPF developer, I assume is GalaSoft.MvvmLight (NET4). Right? But within this folder, I see all fluff and no puff!  No .cs files. Within the Command folder: nothing. Within the Helpers folder? nothing.

Within the GalaSoft.MvvmLight (NET35) folder, however, I do see files. Gang's all there.

GalaSoft.MvvmLight (SL4) however, also doesn't have anything within it (except for fluff - csproj, snk, StyleCop). ?

Are you going to upload an update soon to supply the missing files for us .NET 4.0 developers?

Also, btw - when I first opened your VS 2010 solution, many of the projects were not loadable.

Thanks,

James Hurst

VS 2010 Ult, SP1  (which still crashes several times/day, incidentally)

Coordinator
May 2, 2011 at 9:56 PM

Hi,

Yes, I am sharing the code files between the various frameworks I support. The physical files are into the NET35 folder (this is historically where it all started ;) and as I added support for additional frameworks, I linked the files (Add as Link)

Regarding the projects who don't load correctly, if you do not have, for instance, the Windows Phone 7 tools installed, the corresponding projects will not load correctly. If you want to develop for WPF4, you should use only the NET4 solution. For SL4, similarly, use the SL4 project.

I hope that this helps understand how the project structure is built!

Cheers,

Laurent

May 3, 2011 at 7:08 AM
Thank you Laurent for taking your time to respond. Yes - I should've seen that! I haven't delved into Silverlight yet and thus was unfamiliar with the concept of "add as link".

I understand perfectly now. And .. appreciate greatly your taking your time to create this toolkit and to share your experience.

sincerely thine,

James hurst

On 5/2/2011 4:56 PM, lbugnion wrote:

Hi,

Yes, I am sharing the code files between the various frameworks I support. The physical files are into the NET35 folder (this is historically where it all started ;) and as I added support for additional frameworks, I linked the files (Add as Link)

Regarding the projects who don't load correctly, if you do not have, for instance, the Windows Phone 7 tools installed, the corresponding projects will not load correctly. If you want to develop for WPF4, you should use only the NET4 solution. For SL4, similarly, use the SL4 project.

I hope that this helps understand how the project structure is built!

Cheers,

Laurent