install error why??

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:20 AM

2012-7-26 11:17:33 - Beginning to install extension to Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate...
2012-7-26 11:17:33 - Install Error : System.IO.PathTooLongException: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\Extensions\Laurent Bugnion (GalaSoft)\MVVM Light Toolkit Templates\4.0.23.0\ItemTemplates\Silverlight for Windows Phone\Mvvm\MvvmViewModelLocator.WP7.zip: MvvmViewModelLocator.WP7.vstemplate
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ExtensionManager.ExtensionManagerService.BeginInstall(IInstallableExtension installableExtension, Boolean perMachine, AsyncOperation asyncOp)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ExtensionManager.ExtensionManagerService.InstallWorker(IInstallableExtension extension, Boolean perMachine, AsyncOperation asyncOp)

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Hi,

Is that on Windows XP? I have another report showing the same issue. I will change the installer to copy the templates into a less deep path.

Thanks,
Laurent

Jul 27, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I am seeing the same issue on Windows 7 x64, Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate.

-Ahmed

Coordinator
Jul 29, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Hi,

I just published a new installer that should fix the issues you are seeing. Please let me know if that is indeed fixing the "path too long" problem.

http://mvvmlight.codeplex.com/releases/view/90815

Thanks!
Laurent

Jul 30, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Thanks for the quick response Laurent. The issue is resolved for me.

Regards,

Ahmed.

Jul 30, 2012 at 3:35 AM

the problem is exist,use msi  affter install no templete selected, use VSIX install ,the error

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\Extensions\Laurent Bugnion (GalaSoft)\MVVM Light Toolkit Templates\4.0.23.0\ItemTemplates\Silverlight for Windows Phone\Mvvm\MvvmViewModelLocator.WP7.zip: MvvmViewModelLocator.WP7.vstemplate
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ExtensionManager.ExtensionManagerService.BeginInstall(IInstallableExtension installableExtension, Boolean perMachine, AsyncOperation asyncOp)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ExtensionManager.ExtensionManagerService.InstallWorker(IInstallableExtension extension, Boolean perMachine, AsyncOperation asyncOp)

Jul 30, 2012 at 3:35 AM
Edited Jul 30, 2012 at 3:44 AM

Coordinator
Jul 30, 2012 at 7:11 AM

Hi ningj123,

The text you copied hints that you are still using the old VSIX. Please try uininstalling the old version of MVVM Light V4 and then performing a clean fresh install with the new MSI 4.0.23.3.

If you still have issues, please let me know.

Thanks
Laurent