Win8, Window RT and WP8 Support

Oct 19, 2012 at 3:10 AM

Will MVVM lite work on all the platforms above.  I am working on an application that I want to run on all three platforms so this is important to me.

Coordinator
Oct 19, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Hi,

Yes MVVM Light works already on WinRT and I will publish an update for Windows Phone 8 as soon as the SDK will be made public. I already have one in fact, but I cannot distribute DLLs as long as the SDK is private, sorry.

Cheers
Laurent

Oct 20, 2012 at 2:38 AM
That is very cool. I was worried that I would have to look at other options if MVVM lite was not going to support all three platforms for a while.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Sent from Windows Mail
Sent: ‎October‎ ‎19‎, ‎2012 ‎3‎:‎05‎ ‎PM
To: pcresourcesllc@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Win8, Window RT and WP8 Support [mvvmlight:399998]

Hi,

Yes MVVM Light works already on WinRT and I will publish an update for Windows Phone 8 as soon as the SDK will be made public. I already have one in fact, but I cannot distribute DLLs as long as the SDK is private, sorry.

Cheers
Laurent

Nov 17, 2012 at 4:16 PM

There's a PCL version that already supports all of the platforms, including WP8, here:

https://nuget.org/packages/Portable.MvvmLightLibs

Coordinator
Nov 17, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Note however that I am not supporting the PCL version, at least not yet. The PCL version uses some unofficial DLLs to support the System.Windows.Interactivity namespace.

There is a Windows Phone 8 version available in V4.1 of MVVM Light, see the Download section of this site.

Thanks

Laurent

Nov 17, 2012 at 5:46 PM

The DLLs are the signed, official Microsoft ones, at least for platforms other than NetCore4.5/Metro.

Regards,
Oren

Coordinator
Nov 17, 2012 at 5:50 PM

OK I guess I misunderstood the "unofficial" moniker then. Maybe a better naming would be wise here, I know for sure that "unofficial" is going to frighten some people.

Cheers
Laurent