EventToCommand in the Portable Library

Feb 9, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Hi

First I'd like to say thanks for an excellent library. I've used MvvmLight on a previous Silverlight project and now that I'm writing a WP7/8 app I thought I'd use it again.

Right now I've downloaded the Portable Library version from NuGet and all is working fine, but I notice that the EventToCommand is not present. Will this be available at a later point?

Also, on installing the libraries I found it didn't compile because of a missing System.Runtime.dll. After looking at one of the project files on the "onovotny/MvvmLightPortable" fork I noticed that it references assemblies from the "Microsoft.Bcl" package which includes the System.Runtime.dll. Is the "Microsoft.Bcl" package required for the portable library to function correctly?

Thanks

James
Feb 9, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Edited Feb 9, 2013 at 6:26 PM
It just occurred to me that EventToCommand would not make much sense in a portable library.

At the moment I've got a portable library with view models and service classes that call a Web API service and I was thinking that the EventToCommand would be required in this library. So if I understand this correctly, would I need to reference Mvvm Portable in the portable library project and MvvmLight (WP7, WP8, etc) in the executable projects which would give me access EventToCommand in the XAML.