return selectedStore;
            }

set
            {
                RaisePropertyChanging(StoreSearchPropertyName);

if (value != null)
                {
                    selectedStore = value;
                    GoBackToAddPricePage = new RelayCommand(goBackToAddPricePage);
                    GoBackToAddPricePage.RaiseCanExecuteChanged();
                }

RaisePropertyChanged(StoreSearchPropertyName);
            }
        }

private void goBackToAddPricePage()
        {
            Messenger.Default.Send(new Uri("/AddProductPrice.xaml", UriKind.Relative), "NavigationRequest");
        }
I followed these instructions to navigate back to a previous page but not sure how to do this as I want to leave to go back to my other view in my SelectedStore(which is bound to selectedItem).

I tired just calling it directly but that failed so not sure if I need to hookup relaycommand somehow.
Jul 15, 2013 at 4:11 PM
I'm not entirely certain what your trying to achieve here. Can you not just bind your combobox to a property on your Viewmodel which holds your selected store? You could then navigate back. I haven't used the WPF navigation service in ages, the Prism one is probably better. I would imagine you have a parent view model where you could keep the selected store so your app is context aware.

Bind Your selected Item to a your VM:

To use interactions you need this in your page namespaces:
xmlns:i="clr-namespace:System.Windows.Interactivity;assembly=System.Windows.Interactivity"
<telerik:RadComboBox x:Name="radcombo_theme"
                                         Width="200"
                                         SelectedValue="{Binding SelectedTheme}"
                                         ItemsSource="{Binding Source={StaticResource viewSource}}"
                                         ItemTemplate="{StaticResource ThemeComboTemplate}"
                                         Grid.Column="1" Height="23" VerticalAlignment="Top">
                        <i:Interaction.Triggers>
                            <i:EventTrigger EventName="SelectionChanged">
                                <mvvm:EventToCommand Command="{Binding commandThemeChanged}" PassEventArgsToCommand="True" />
                            </i:EventTrigger>
                        </i:Interaction.Triggers>

</telerik:RadComboBox>
In your vm:

public class MyViewModelName: GalaSoft.MvvmLight.ViewModelBase, ICleanup
    {

public XmlNodeItem SelectedTheme { get; set; }

public MyViewModelName()
        {
               this.commandThemeChanged = new RelayCommand<object>((s) => 
                                           {
                                               System.Windows.Controls.SelectionChangedEventArgs args = s as System.Windows.Controls.SelectionChangedEventArgs;
                                               if (args != null) { if (args.AddedItems.Count > 0) 
                                                { 
                                                   _selectedTheme = args.AddedItems[0] as XmlNodeItem (need your bound type here);
                                                }}
                                           });
Not sure if this helps what shows how you can keep the value of your SelectedStore in the VM.