Problem getting started in Version 5.0 with Portable Libraries

Oct 14, 2014 at 5:23 AM
Good evening,
I'm having trouble just getting started with the new version 5.0.0.1 portable libraries. First I create an empty solution, then I add a new Portable Class Library that targets Windows Phone 8.1, Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.iOS. From there I use nuget to add the MVVMLight package. Nuget will then add the ViewModel folder, MainViewModel & ViewModelLocator. However it does NOT update the references and I get an error stating "Cannot find App.xaml in this project, no other changes made.". Since the references are not updated, I am unable to build this simple library. Any guidance on this issue would be appreciated. THanks!
Coordinator
Oct 14, 2014 at 10:48 AM
Edited Oct 14, 2014 at 10:48 AM
Hi,

For a portable class library, please use the package "MVVM Light Libs only" found at http://www.nuget.org/packages/MvvmLightLibs/

The other package is only for applications.

I will update the error message to make this clearer.

Thanks
Laurent
Coordinator
Oct 14, 2014 at 11:19 AM
FYI there seems to be an issue with Nuget not adding the proper reference to CommonServiceLocator.

Sorry for the issue. Right now, I need you to use Nuget to add a reference to the CommonServiceLocator package (V1.3) in addition to MVVM Light Libs only.

I sent an email to the Nuget team to see what the problem is.

Thanks
Laurent
Coordinator
Oct 14, 2014 at 9:21 PM
The issue should be fixed in V5.0.1 available on Nuget now.

Cheers
Laurent