Differences between MvvmLight and MvvmLightLibs

Mar 1 at 8:29 AM
Hi,
I need to know what are differences between MvvmLight and MvvmLightLibs NuGet packages.
What is in MvvmLight that is not in MvvmLightLibs?
It should be in package description.
Coordinator
Mar 2 at 1:13 PM
MVVM Light Libs contains the DLLs. The MVVM Light package depends on the Libs one, and in addition does some scaffolding. Unfortunately in Windows 10 UWP, the new Nuget changed and doesn't let me do as much as I did in other frameworks. But that's beyond the point.

I will double check the package descriptions and try to make it clearer in V5.3 (next version which I will release around Xamarin Evolve timeframe (end of April)).

Thanks for the feedback.
Marked as answer by ondrej on 3/2/2016 at 5:42 AM
Mar 7 at 12:08 PM
I am putting all my hopes on support for .NET Framework 4.0 in V5.3 (because of Windows XP).
Coordinator
Mar 7 at 8:28 PM
I am not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate?
Mar 8 at 7:52 AM
I mean that I hope that MvvmLight libraries will not be build for .NET Framework newer than 4.0, in which case it will not be usable under Windows XP, because .NET Framework 4.0 is last version that supports Windows XP. 4.5, 4.6, 5.0 does not support Windows XP.
Coordinator
Mar 8 at 8:00 AM
Ah ok! At the moment I continue to support .NET 4 and don't have plans to change that in the near future.

Thanks for the feedback.
Coordinator
Apr 23 at 11:07 PM
Added a better description in the Nuget package description. This will be live next week in V5.3.