Update MVVMLight for WP7 April Refresh

May 5, 2010 at 10:00 AM

Hello Everyone,

First, thank you for your job and your project :)

I would like to know when the version MVVMLight will be compatible with WP7 April Refresh.

Because since i use the last CTP of Microsoft, my project don't compile with MVVMLight libraries.

Thank you for your answers.

A french developer

Coordinator
May 5, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Hi,

What problems exactly are you facing? There is a known issue when you use System.Windows.Interactivity.dll (it is unfortunately an issue that is not easy to solve, and out of my control. I am working on a fix, but I am not sure when I can have it).

Thanks,

Laurent

Coordinator
May 5, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Correction: I was mistaken, the issue with Sys.Windows.Iteractivity.dll does not seem to hit MVVM Light. I would love to know what issue you are facing, so that I can publish a corrective if needed.

Thanks,

Laurent

May 6, 2010 at 3:46 PM
Can anyone have this XAML work with WP7? <Button Content="New Game" cmd:ButtonBaseExtensions.Command="{Binding TestCommand}" /> I have to add the "GalaSoft.MvvmLight" from the SL3 assemblies for this to compile. If I just add the toolkit assemblies for WP7 (instead of SL3) it doesn't know what "ButtonBaseExtensions" is. Very confusing.
Coordinator
May 6, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Hi,

You do not need the SL3 assemblies. The ButtonBaseExtension is included in the GalaSoft.MvvmLight.WP7.dll. Simply add

xmlns:cmd="clr-namespace:GalaSoft.MvvmLight.Command;assembly=GalaSoft.MvvmLight.WP7"

in your PhoneApplicationPage to import the namespace, and then you can use the cmd:ButtonBaseExtensions.Command property.

Hope that helps,

Laurent

May 7, 2010 at 5:50 PM
my bad. turns out the mvvm light assemblies weren't getting unblocked from "C:\Program Files\Laurent Bugnion (GalaSoft)\Mvvm Light Toolkit\Binaries\WP7" I "unblocked" them but the changes were never getting saved from that location. I ended up copying the assemblies to my desktop where I could properly unblock them and everything worked after.
Coordinator
May 7, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Happy to hear. The blocking "feature" burned me a few times too... I wish I could opt out of that.

 

Cheers,

Laurent

Feb 21, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Hi all,

Just see this post because I was having the same problem.

My experience was that the Intellisence proposed me only "Command" Namspace from the GalaSoft.MvvmLight.Extras.WP7 assembly even when GalaSoft.MvvmLight.WP7 assembly was referenced too ( I admit I was also too quick in adding this NameSpace to my xaml). So I wrote the xmlns my self without using Intellisence.

Hope this can help someone else.

Regards,

Benoit.