More advance sample with commands and more views/models

Sep 27, 2010 at 10:55 PM

I am completely new to MVVM. I have read SOOO much theory on it and tried some tutorials online but most of them don't work or don't have the source.

I checked out the sample included in this toolkit but it's very basic and doesn't show how to use commands or any of the functionality in the toolkit. 

Is there a SIMPLE tutuorial showing the power of it a bit more or a GetStarted tutorial? 

I found this one but I can't get it to complile. Are we supposed to know how to use MVVM BEFORE using this toolkit?

Oct 31, 2010 at 6:24 AM

I know it's a month since this post, but John Papa just did a presentation at pdc10 that reviewed use of MVVM and MVVM Light he called Kung Fu Silverlight: Top Tips & Architectural Patterns and Practices with MVVM and RIA Services.  It's one of the more complete but straightforward explanations I've seen, along with Laurent's presentation at MIX10 earlier this year.  Try or go to the pdc10 website at and look for the session listed as "Silverlight: Tips and ARC Patterns and Practices" under the Guide, Sessions, Client & Devices tab.

-- Thomas

Jun 3, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Edited Jun 3, 2012 at 8:30 AM

I found this example very useful for understanding MVVM pattern : Model-View-ViewModel Pattern (MVVM)