EventToCommand in the Portable Library

Feb 9, 2013 at 4:05 PM

First I'd like to say thanks for an excellent library. I've used MvvmLight on a previous Silverlight project and now that I'm writing a WP7/8 app I thought I'd use it again.

Right now I've downloaded the Portable Library version from NuGet and all is working fine, but I notice that the EventToCommand is not present. Will this be available at a later point?

Also, on installing the libraries I found it didn't compile because of a missing System.Runtime.dll. After looking at one of the project files on the "onovotny/MvvmLightPortable" fork I noticed that it references assemblies from the "Microsoft.Bcl" package which includes the System.Runtime.dll. Is the "Microsoft.Bcl" package required for the portable library to function correctly?

Feb 9, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Edited Feb 9, 2013 at 6:26 PM
It just occurred to me that EventToCommand would not make much sense in a portable library.

At the moment I've got a portable library with view models and service classes that call a Web API service and I was thinking that the EventToCommand would be required in this library. So if I understand this correctly, would I need to reference Mvvm Portable in the portable library project and MvvmLight (WP7, WP8, etc) in the executable projects which would give me access EventToCommand in the XAML.